-
February 8th, 2010, 05:56 AM
#1
Hostboard Member
604 D in OB
My Altec 604 D on open baffle are ready and I am very happy for the sound !!!!
-
February 8th, 2010, 11:27 AM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: 604 D in OB
Cool. Can you tell us more? Do you have photos?
-
February 9th, 2010, 02:38 AM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: 604 D in OB

Originally Posted by
tonino
My Altec 604 D on open baffle are ready and I am very happy for the sound !!!!
Congrats!
I too have a 604 (8G's) in OB and very happy. I tried them with cabs (612C) and went back to OB. If someone will ask how it worked for me, my answers would be(in order of importance to me):
1.)Room, room, room!
2.) SET amp with AC heaters. No PP, no IDHT, and definitely no SS.
3.) Art Deco Era 5 pin triodes circuits for Preamp.
5.) Classic Turn Table (idler drive) with 12 inch tonearms.
regards,
Abe
-
February 9th, 2010, 04:36 AM
#4
Hostboard Member
Re: 604 D in OB
yes I have photos but I don't understand how I can post the photos here
-
February 9th, 2010, 04:39 AM
#5
Hostboard Member
Re: 604 D in OB
I agree with you . my amp also is a Se and I have a 12 arm ( denon ) in my turntable ( Teac TN 4000).
-
February 9th, 2010, 05:13 AM
#6
Hostboard Member
-
February 9th, 2010, 06:50 AM
#7
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: 604 D in OB
Lots of room tuning objects, tastefully organised.
-
February 9th, 2010, 09:20 AM
#8
Hostboard Member
Re: 604 D in OB
thanks I think that tuning objects are important for the final sound
-
February 9th, 2010, 09:20 PM
#9
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: 604 D in OB

Originally Posted by
tonino
thanks I think that tuning objects are important for the final sound
Totally Agree! In my case, since my room is adequate enough, I never treated the driver's back wall (although I tried). But made sure to have some "stuff" on the front wall.
-
February 10th, 2010, 09:29 AM
#10
Hostboard Member
Re: 604 D in OB
in my experience stuff in front wall are very helping ....they more increase the soundstage and focus of sound.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks